R&C Events Logistics embark on a new GT project bringing exciting new opportunities within their team
We require skilled and motivated individuals who can make an impact within a high-profile and focused team.
Technical Mechanic / Engineer GT - DTM Freelance
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Racing Service to install and assembly tracking devices to the cars, preparation, maintenance of GTs and DTM cars entered in DTM Series.
A can-do approach is required with travel and to working flexible hours with inclusion of weekends dedicated to DTM race events. Job is only for race events
· RedBox Support on site representative - technical support, backed up by R&D team.
· Contact point for the R&D team in case of need.
· Perform Cellular Mapping - Do a couple of laps, with 6 running devices, on the Race-Track prior to the event. Could be done with a private car, going slow.
· Supply the RedBox units to the teams
· Maintain a certain amount of valid RedBoxes, and notify the R&D team for any change in quantities .
· Minimal direct contact between customer and developers.
· Fault reporting on any issues/problems with the devices found at any time;
· Maintain appearance and livery of the car during all events and tests;
· Develop a working knowledge of systems and sub systems
· Carry out routine maintenance servicing according to company policies and technical procedures;
· Ensure full compliance with the homologation specifications of the car and technical regulations of the series;
· Follow all safety regulations in all venues;
The applicant will have attained a minimum of level 2 NVQ qualification in vehicle mechanical and electrical systems.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, however, consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service with relevant technical experience. As long, GT or DTM experience is very welcome.
A solid mechanical aptitude gained in either motorsport or the automotive industry;
Good practical and theoretical knowledge of gearbox/hydraulics/engine/suspension systems.
Highly motivated, able to make decisions within a pressurized environment, and have an active interest in technical problem-solving.
The ability to consistently work to high standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
Fabrication and machining skills are desirable
Send your CV to: email@example.com